What is MetaSport FC?
MetaSport Futbol Club is a Utah elite soccer club supporting over 25 youth soccer teams in Davis County and additional teams in the Salt Lake City metro area. We host annual tryouts for our Academy and Competition teams in late May and first week of June.
Britain Thomas, a long-time coach and administrator in Utah youth soccer, is the Founder and Technical Director. We are proud to share the experience of nearly 20 licensed coaches and trainers. MetaSport has an experienced Board of Directors and is recognized as a US-registered 501c3 nonprofit.
What's up with the name MetaSport?
At its basic, meta means above or beyond. Boom - that's pretty simple! But peel back a few more layers and meta also means a change or transformation. This is fitting for our club. We aim to provide players with the training and mentorship to help them transform into extraordinary players - and people.
What does MetaSport offer?
Above all else, we are a close-knit community of coaches, players, and parents who want a small-club experience of lasting relationships and long-term investment. Our core mission is to develop the individual player. And that means keeping them in sports and activity for their lifetimes. To this end, we offer opt-in multisport training in basketball and volleyball during the off season (Nov-Dec) and at least four Meta community events and educational sessions throughout the year.
We offer programs in:
what is the multisport program?
MetaSport is proud to be one of the first elite soccer clubs to encourage and offer multisport play in the offseason. While soccer is a beautiful and dynamic sport, we believe that switching gears means less burnout, fewer injures, and a more complete and healthy athletic experience.
Learn more about what drives our commitment to offer multisport training >>
Where is the Club based?
MetaSport is based in Davis County with additional teams in the Salt Lake metro area. We are an associated club within the League 30 organization. We compete in the Utah Youth Soccer Association Gaming League, Region 2 Academy League (Morgan, Davis, and Weber County) and the X League (Salt Lake County).
When and where are trainings & games?
*Some of these details vary depending on Academy, Competition, and MetaMinis
- Summer, fall, spring training: twice a week (plus bonus tech and goal keeper trainings session for U9s and up).
- Davis County-based teams: train in Bountiful, Centerville, and Farmington.
- Salt Lake-based teams: training locations at Bryant Intermediate School and Sugarhouse Park.
- Training times/days: decided by the team coach with input from participating players and parents.
- Winter training indoor (Jan.-March): twice a week, with opt-in Futsal league participation.
- Opt-in multisport training and pick-up Futsal (Nov.-Dec).
- Outdoor seasons are in the fall and spring and will mostly be on Saturdays with week-day games as well. Tournaments can be throughout the year.
- Davis County-based teams: Home fields for games are at Legacy Events Center in Farmington.
- Salt Lake-based teams: Home fields for games are at Bryant Intermediate.
what are the Club Policies?
We don't believe in pages and pages of policies that read more like a pro contract instead of a youth soccer program. Instead, we outline basic policies and costs and ask our players and parents to demonstrate and learn their best in Respect, Enthusiasm, Technique and Soccer Intelligence.
what are the costs?
The costs to participate in MetaSport FC are comparable to or less than other elite soccer clubs in Utah, and much less than participation in individual sports such as gymnastics.